Nine projects join FRII and Microsoft’s joint accelerator
After receiving over 200 applications from startups across Russia, the participants selected for the Foundation for Internet Development Initiatives’ joint accelerator with Microsoft have finally been announced. Nine teams were chosen to join the acceleration programme, which will give them access to technological and infrastructural support from the two organisations, as well as investment. The total investment on offer (including grants from Microsoft) is $140k, in addition to which startups will receive over $300k in the form of ‘cloud grants’ from Microsoft.
Which startups made it onto the programme?
- Zakazovo – a service enabling online stores to automate all the online elements of their delivery process in one window, including parcel tracking, printing of orders and calculating delivery costs
- Last.Backend – a platform which helps with operating server-side applications
- YaKlass – a project offering software for schools to help optimise their teaching
- Overboss – software for anyone starting up a company
- Coloreyes – a consumer research tool for looking at the preferences and behavioural patterns of customers
- Wikium – an interactive online brain training system based on scientific research, and aimed at improving memory, attention span and logical thinking
- Vexor – a cloud service for developers allowing them to test out their products
- StartExam – a platform allowing companies to create customised tests to help with employee training
- Quizart – a business training platform for medium and large businesses